Carolyn Wall

Carolyn Wall
In case this author becomes a recluse, this is what she looked like....Courtesy Jennifer J. Parker

Saturday, February 23, 2013

New and Approved

It's just come to me that, in addition to writing, reading and movies, I can now list art as a pasttime. Not just others' -- which I love in all medias -- but dabbling in sketchbooks and with colored pencils and markers and charcoal. I take a once-a-month journaling-through-art class with the Silence Foundation, and love it! Teacher Pat Webb has me cutting and pasting and drawing and doodling all over the place. Teaching kids-writing classes, I always urge them to put color on their pages, and I keep fantastic sets of markers available. I love shadow and light. Isn't it nice when we wake up to something we love, or have always loved but dozed through?

No comments:

Post a Comment